These log cabins are the perfect choice for the classic winter wonderland holiday to Yllas. They're idyllic, high-quality and always highly recommended. Dotted around the woods in scenic locations, with blankets of snow right at the doorstep.
The cabins are located within 500 to 950 metres of the Äkäs Hotel and the nearest ski bus stop. Excellent cross-country skiing starts from the door. The large village supermarket is also up to 1km away (five to 30 minutes' walk) from the cabins. There is also a choice of cafés, bars and restaurants in the village centre for those who prefer to eat out.
All cabins have their own private sauna and fireplace, for a cosy Lappish experience. They will vary in appearance and location and may be round or flat log or adjoin another cabin. Cabins can be terraced, end of terrace or semi-detached.
All of our Log Cabins have shower, WC, sauna, fireplace (wood included), TV, VCR or DVD, vacuum, iron, drying closet and washing machine.
Kitchen facilities include oven, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, dishwasher.
- 1-room + mezzanine, 25m²+10m² (A4) can sleep 1-3 with a double sofa bed in open-plan living room/kitchen. 2 mattress beds in mezzanine. Recommended for maximum of 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child
- 2 rooms + mezzanine, 45m²+10m² (B4) can sleep 2-4 people in a twin bedroom, 2 mattress beds in mezzanine and a single sofa bed in the open-plan living room/kitchen
- 3 rooms + mezzanine, 57m²+20m² (C6) can sleep 3-6 people in 2 twin bedrooms and a large mezzanine with 2 beds
- 4-room cabin, 64m²+20m² (D6) can sleep 3-6 people in 3 twin bedrooms, with 2 toilets and shower
- 4-room + mezzanine, 64m²+20m² (D8) can sleep 3-8 people in 3 twin bedrooms and 2 beds in large mezzanine, with 2 toilets and shower. Bookings of 6 or less persons may be allocated a 3 bedroom cabin without a mezzanine
- 7-room + mezzanine 'Hillankukka Big', 130m²+54m² (E0) can sleep 4-12 people in 4 twin bedrooms downstairs all with en suite shower/WC, 2 large twin bedrooms upstairs with sloping roof and sliding doors, sharing additional downstairs showers/WC/sauna. This cabin, called 'Hillanukka Big', is highly recommended and located in a peaceful scenic central wooded location
Choose your cabin
It is now possible to request the specific cabin name at the time of booking, through the reservations team, and our cabin rental agency will confirm your choice, if available. Otherwise the exact cabin will only be advised on arrival.
These are some of the cabins typically allocated to guests:
1-room cabin (A4): Ylläsniesta, Reporanka, Musko
2-room cabin (B4): Ylläsröhkö, Musko, Peltola, Veerantupa, Veramukka, Lumipolku, Sapara
3-room cabin (C6): Hillankukka, Lumipolku, Sapara, Reporanka, Ylläsniesta, Teerentie
4-room cabin (D6): Kurunkolo
4-room cabin (D8): Ylläsniesta, Poronkello
7-room cabin (E0): Highly recommended detached Hillankukka (Big)
All, except our ‘Hillankukka (Big)’ 7-room fully detached cabin, are either semi-detached or in a terraced row of 3 or 4 cabins. Cabin exteriors can be made from either round or planed logs.
Please note that we are not able to provide availability overviews. Exact cabin numbers may be requested but will not be guaranteed.
- Lift accessible: No
- Lift serves all floors: No
- Access ramp: No
Not suitable for wheelchair users.