Highly recommended, idyllic, high-quality modern log cabins, dotted around the woods in a variety of scenic locations. Excellent cross-country skiing starts from the door. Cabins are located 2-10 minutes' walk (250-1000m) to the nearest ski bus stop and from one of either the Äkäs Hotel or Kaltio Hotel. There is a large well-stocked supermarket and a choice of cafés, bars and restaurants for those who prefer to eat out.
All cabins vary in appearance and location and may be round or flat log or adjoin another cabin.
Choose your cabin
We are happy to say, with so many repeat guests, it is now possible to request the specific cabin name at the time of booking, through the reservations department, and our cabin rental agency will confirm your choice, if available, within 1-2 working days. Otherwise the exact cabin will only be advised on arrival. Please note that we are not able to provide availability overviews. Exact cabin numbers may be requested but will not be guaranteed.
These are some of the cabins typically allocated to guests:
1-room cabin (A4): Ylläsniesta, Ylläskuningas, Reporanka, Musko, Ylläs-Sulo
2-room cabin (B5): Ylläsröhkö, Musko, Peltola, Veerantupa, Veramukka,
3-room cabin (C6): Hillankukka, Lumipolku, Sapara, Reporanka, Ylläsniesta, Teerentie
4-room cabin (D8): Ylläsniesta, Poronkello, Kurunkolo
7-room cabin (E0): Highly recommended detached Hillankukka (Big)
All, except our ‘Hillankukka (Big)’ 7-room fully detached cabin, are either semi-detached or in a terraced row of 3 or 4 cabins. Cabin exteriors can be made from either round or planed logs.
All log cabin sizes are approximate. Cabins vary in appearance and may be round or flat log or adjoin another cabin. None are fully detached.
- Shower, WC, Sauna
- Fireplace (wood included), TV, VCR or DVD
- oven, dishwasher, fridge, toaster, microwave, vacuum cleaner, Iron, coffee maker, drying closet and washing machine
- Linen, towels, firewood and final clean included
1-room + mezz (A4) 25m²+10m² - sleeps 1-4. Recommended as suitable for maximum 2 adults and 1 child. - with
- Double sofa bed in openplan living room/kitchen
- 2 mattress beds in mezzanine.
- Maximum 2 adults. Recommended for a maximum of 3 persons.
2-room + mezz (B5) 45m²+10m² - sleeps 2-5 - with
- 1 twin bedroom
- 2 mattress beds in mezzanine
- Single sofa bed in open-plan living room/kitchen
3-room + mezz (C6) 57m²+20m² - sleeps 3-6 - with
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Large mezzanine with 2 beds
4-room + mezz (D8) 64m²+20m² - sleeps 3-8 - with
- 3 twin bedrooms
- 2 beds in large mezzanine (2 toilets). Bookings of 6 or less persons may be allocated a 3 bedroom cabin without a mezzanine.
7-room + mezz 'Hillankukka Big' (E0) 130m²+54m² - sleeps 4-12 - with
- 4 twin bedrooms downstairs all with en suite shower/wc
- 2 large twin bedrooms upstairs with sloping roof and sliding doors, sharing additional downstairs showers/wc/sauna.
- This cabin, called 'Hillanukka Big', is highly recommended and located in a peaceful scenic central wooded location.
- Lift accessible: No
- Lift serves all floors: No
- Access ramp: No
Not suitable for wheelchair users.