Location - where is Waldhotel Doldenhorn
- hotel description
- Waldhotel Doldenhorn description
Upon arrival at Waldhotel Doldenhorn you will notice the stylish wooden exterior, spacious gardens and grand entrance set below the forested mountain range. Set a pleasant 20 minute walk from Kandersteg centre. The resort bus for access to the main walking lifts stops at the end of the hotel drive.
Inside you can expect the same spacious design with homely pine furnishings in the lounge, bar and a plush dining room. Enjoy pure relaxation in the sizeable indoor pool, steam bath, sauna and whirlpools. As an alternative to the half board menu guests may choose to dine in the traditional ‘Ruedihus’ with local specialities including fondue or raclette. The outdoor sun terrace sits adjacent to idyllic gardens, amble around these tranquil surroundings and enjoy the scenic mountain setting.
Spacious bedrooms are comfortably furnished with rich décor.
Transfer Approx. 2hrs 45 mins by rail from Zurich airport or 3hrs by rail from Geneva airport. Your journey involves one change of trains.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Babysitting available (on request)
High chairs in restaurant
Facilities - Waldhotel Doldenhorn features
- Spacious bar and lounge
- Attractive restaurant
- Gourmet à la carte restaurant (15 Gault Millau points)
- Snooker room
- Spa area with indoor pool adjoining outdoor jacuzzi, bio/Finnish saunas and steambath, indoor jacuzzi and small fitness room ( free )
- Solarium & beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Small 'beer garden'
- Wi-Fi (pay locally)
- public PC with internet access( free )
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Games room
- Lounge area
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- No. of buildings: 3
- No. of floors: 4
Economy Twin Rooms are around 20m² and sleep up to three. These rooms have forest views, and tend to be at the back of the hotel. All rooms have bath, satellite TV, telephone, radio, safe, minibar and hairdryer
Ambience Twin Rooms are around 25m² and sleep up to four. These rooms have a balcony with mountain view and tend to be at the front of the hotel.
Junior Suites offer the most space at around 45m² and sleep up to four. These rooms have a whirlpool bath and separate shower, and balcony with mountain views.
Single Rooms are also available at around 20m² with bath.
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: No
Meals - food and drink in Waldhotel Doldenhorn
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent four course evening meal with choice of each course from two complete menus, plus dedicated vegetarian menu
- Half-board may also be taken in the traditional 'Ruedihus' (closed Wednesdays), for Swiss specialities including fondue or raclette
- Free daily packed lunch or light lunch in the hotel
- Free afternoon tea and cake daily
- No of restaurants: 2
- Distance to nearest restaurant serving dinner outside of property:
- Dress code for restaurants:
Board basis options available
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
- Diabetics - Insulin can be stored
- Gluten Free