Location - where is Hotel Wilden Mann
In the heart of Lucerne's beautiful historic old town, the Wilden Mann is approx. 8 minutes' walk from the harbour and railway station.
- Nearest Station:
Lucern railway station 650m away
- hotel description
- Hotel Wilden Mann description
The Hotel Wilden Mann is a charming, comfortable hotel located in the heart of Lucerne’s beautiful historic old town. Dating back to 1860, the hotel has many original features and the rooms are individually styled to give a traditional charm and boutique feel. The railway station and harbour for excursions are only 8 minutes’ walk away.
A characterful history can be felt in the lounge, bar and traditional stairways. Guests can dine in either the homely Bürgerstube, the award-winning Sauvage or on the ambient sun terrace. Choose between gourmet French and Mediterranean cuisine, cosy homestyle cooking and a light lunch with a good glass of wine on the terrace. The Sauvage boasts 14 Gault Millau points.
All bedrooms are immaculately furnished in traditional styles.
Transfer Approx. 1hr by rail from Zurich airport or 3hrs by rail from Geneva airport. Your journey may involve a change of train.
Facilities - Hotel Wilden Mann features
- Attractive breakfast/dining room; comfortable lounge with bar
- 2 restaurants with à la carte menus (pay locally): ‘Bürgerstube’ serving traditional Swiss specialities and ‘Restaurant Sauvage’ with European cuisine
- Terrace where evening meals are served, weather permitting
- Wi-Fi throughout (pay locally)
- Public PC with internet access (Free)
- Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities on the 2nd floor
- Member of Swiss Historic Hotels.
- Lounge area
- Garden terrace
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- No. of buildings: 1
- No. of floors: 5
- No. of interconnecting rooms: 6
Standard Twin Rooms sleep up to two guests and have a bath or shower. All of the traditional and individually-styled bedrooms have a flatscreen TV with some English channels, telephone, radio, safe, minibar and hairdryer.
Superior Twin Rooms sleep up to three (extra single sofa bed). These rooms have both a bath and shower.
Standard Single Rooms with bath available with no added supplement.
Junior Suites sleeping two guests are available on request so please call us to book.
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: No
Not recommended for disabled guests unless they can walk with sticks. Not suitable for wheelchair users
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Wilden Mann
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast and four course evening meal with choice of main course.
- Guests may dine in the traditionally-Swiss ‘Bürgerstube’, the international ‘Restaurant Sauvage’, or on the terrace, weather permitting
- Special dietary requirements available on request
- Free daily packed lunch (n/a to guests staying on the Swiss Classic Tour)
- No of restaurants: 2
- Distance to nearest restaurant serving dinner outside of property:
- Dress code for restaurants:
Board basis options available
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
- Gluten Free