Location - where is Hotel Poiano
- 3 kilometres to resort centre
- 3.3 kilometres to ferry departure point
- 50 metres to nearest bus stop
- Shop on site
- Distance to Resort Centre: 2500 km
- hotel description
- Hotel Poiano description
Hotel Poiano is on a hill on the outskirts of Garda. That means that you get to enjoy some great lake views from the gardens and pool. Upgrade your room and you can even enjoy them from the comfort of your own balcony. The grounds of the hotel are large and the rooms are located in low-rise buildings that are spread throughout the gardens. The pool is Olympic-sized, so get some laps in while you’re here. Or, just grab a sun lounger and admire the views instead! We love the hotel's spa – it has a heated saltwater pool, whirlpool and sauna. It’s not just about relaxation here though. If you want to stay active, play a game of tennis on one of six courts or hire a bicycle and explore the area.
Breakfast is served each morning in the dining room and out on the terrace when it’s sunny. Fill up before heading out for a walk along any of the hiking routes close by or down to Garda, which is about two kilometres away (a free shuttle is available too).
Transfer time: approx. 45 mins by coach from Verona airport.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
The hotel's supervised kid's club runs from mid May to mid September for ages 5-12 years.
Facilities - Hotel Poiano features
- Outdoor Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Spa with salt water lagoon pool, Turkish bath, sauna and bio-sauna, aromatherapy showers with light and colour therapy and a herbal tea and water station open Mon - Fri 2pm to 8pm and weekends 10am to 8pm (entrance payable locally, approx. €12 per person per 3 hour session, adults only)
- The spa is open to children under 18 from 3pm to 2pm Sun - Fri (approx. €5 per entry)
- Activities including beach volleyball, bowls, table tennis and archery (free of charge)
- Yoga and pilates classes, tennis and golf (payable locally)
- Mountain bike hire (approx. €3 per hour)
- Fitness room
- Free shuttle to the centre of Garda between 10am - 1pm and 5pm - 8pm
- Free Wi-Fi
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- No. of buildings: 3
- No. of floors: 2
Two blocks divided from main building
Local Fees and Taxes
Resort tourist tax of €2.00 per person per night is payable locally.
Costabella Rooms are 17m² and sleep up to three people (third bed is a single sofa bed). They have a balcony, air conditioning, TV, safe, minibar, hairdryer and shower. These rooms are also available for sole use at a supplement.
Panorama Rooms are also 17m² and have wonderful lake views from the balcony.
Junior Suites are incredibly spacious at 35m² and sleep up to four people (extra beds are single sofa beds). Located in the annexe, these elegant rooms have a lounge area, balcony or terrace and lake view (the view in some rooms may be restricted by trees).
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- No. of steps into property: 4
- Access ramp: Yes
The hotel location is at the top of the hill and a fair amount of walking is involved to reach the different blocks of the complex.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Poiano
Enjoy an American buffet breakfast and three courses for dinner with salad and dessert buffets. Once a week there is a gala dinner.
Poiano Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers Italian and international cuisine.
Gazebo Pool Bar is open during the day for light meals including pizzas, paninis and salads.
Piano Bar has views over the lake and a relaxing ambiance with live music.
Board basis options available
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
Please pre advise of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking. The hotel has no particular menu for special diets, but the hotel will propose the most suitable dish for you.