Location - where is Hotel Metropole
On Interlaken's main promenade close to all amenities and approx. seven minutes' walk to the Interlaken West train station for excursions into the region. The free bus stops just outside.
- Nearest Station:
Interlaken West 600 away
- Nearest Lift:
Harder Kulm Funicular 20 minutes walk away
- hotel description
- Hotel Metropole description
The chic Hotel Metropole enjoys views over Interlaken and the surrounding mountains. Situated directly on the resort’s main promenade, Interlaken train station is a seven minutes’ walk and the bus stops 100m from the hotel.
The hotel features a stylish metro bar and lounge, large lobby, sauna and in house hairdressers. Picturesque views over Interlaken and the mountain ranges can be enjoyed from the 24 hour fitness centre and the garden terrace on the first floor. Dine in either the modern Bellini restaurant (closed on Sundays) or the Top-o-Met restaurant with a refined menu and roof top terrace.
All bedrooms are bright, spacious and immaculately furnished with balconies offering scenic views.
Transfer Approx. 2hrs 30 mins by rail from Zurich airport or 3hrs by rail from Geneva airport. Your journey involves 1 or 2 changes of train.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
- Cots & linen
- Highchairs in restaurant
Facilities - Hotel Metropole features
- ‘Bellini’ restaurant/dining room
- Rooftop ‘Top O’Met’ restaurant with spectacular panoramic views
- Comfortable lounge and bar
- à la carte restaurant with Swiss specialities
- Smokers’ lounge
- Massage (pay locally)
- Sun terrace garden on first floor
- 24 hour fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free use of outdoor clay tennis courts at nearby club (approx. 150 metres)
- Lounge area
- Hair salon
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- No. of buildings: 1
- No. of floors: 19
Standard Rooms are located on floors 1-6 and are south-facing with balcony. They have a queen or twin beds and can sleep up to three adults. Standard single rooms are available at no supplement.
Premium Rooms are located on floors 7-11. Again with single, queen or twin beds.
Deluxe Twin Rooms are on floors 12-14 and are on request.
Two rooms suites are on the top floor (floor 15) and sleep up to four adults. These rooms have a bath and separate shower and are available on request.
All rooms have south-facing balcony, tea and coffee making facilities are available at a refundable deposit, this will need to be requested
- Cable / satellite TV
- Minibar / fridge
- Safety deposit box
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: No
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Metropole
- Excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent three course evening meal from the à la carte menu
- Free tea and coffee available throughout the day in first floor lounge area
- Free bottle of sparkling wine (or half bottle per single room) for guests staying 7 nights or more
- Dinner is in the 'Bellini' restaurant
- The 'Top O'Met' top floor restaurant is also open all day with a much smaller alternative menu
- Free tea and coffee facilities in 1st Floor Lounge
- No of restaurants: 2
- Distance to nearest restaurant serving dinner outside of property:
- Dress code for restaurants:
Board basis options available
- Bed & Breakfast
- Half Board
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
- Diabetics - Insulin can be stored
- Gluten Free