Location - where is Hotel Bergwelt
· ski-out · slopeside location overlooking the main street in resort · 5 minutes' walk to the centre and ski bus stop · 8 minutes' walk to the nearest lift, ski school and kindergarten
- hotel description
- Hotel Bergwelt description
If you want your ski holiday to be simply luxurious then you should definitely stay at Obergurgl’s Hotel Bergwelt. This hotel has everything you could ever need from a top hotel – and possibly a little more in reserve too. The team at the Bergwelt is always on hand to make your stay in the Tyrol an unforgettable experience - they’re there to pamper and provide and they look forward to welcoming you.
From its eye-catching exterior to its elegant interior, the Bergwelt carefully combines the a modern and romantic style. And nothing is spared on quality. No wonder it’s a member of the 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World' group. Plus, all the rooms and suites are individually and beautifully decorated, with comfort and well-being as the main focus.
Dining is always a pleasure at the Bergwelt. Gourmet cuisine is guaranteed from morning ‘til night. Breakfast is a delicious spread full of your favourites, including smoked salmon, sparkling wine and fresh egg dishes prepared to order. Every afternoon, the pâtissier prepares a selection of cakes and Austrian pastries to enjoy fireside in the Moose Bar. Your candlelit evening meals are a real treat – exploring delicacies from the local region and beyond. Head chef Claus Sagernik and his team are also more than happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements.
Wellbeing and relaxation is simple here. The Family Spa includes both indoor and outdoor pools plus a bio-sauna and hot tub. There’s also the adult-only Panorama, Ladies and Classic non-textile spa areas with varying saunas, steam rooms and relaxation areas for total peace. Plus there’s a full-on menu of treatments and massages to choose from.
For families there’s a real focus on keeping the little ones happy too. Free childcare is available during the ski day and evenings – with fun activities both indoors and out including games, arts and crafts, singing, dancing and a kids’ cinema. Plus, there’s a shuttle services to ski school and ski kindergarten – just another reason to choose the Bergwelt.
Formal dress required for Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners. Arrivals after 9pm on the 24 December will receive cold plates plus sparkling wine instead of a gala dinner.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Bergwelt.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Bergwelt's Kids' Club
Family holidays are all about spending quality time together. But just in case the kids need a break from the parents, the Bergwelt has some fantastic free supervised childcare available for little ones aged 3 years and above.
- Arts and crafts
- Singing and dancing
- Kids' cinema
Open Monday to Friday from 10am-4pm and again from 6-9pm. Lunch is included. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.Family facilities
In addition to the fantastic kids' club, the Bergwelt also provides a range of other family-friendly facilities and amenities to make your holiday even more stress-free. These include:
- Private childcare, at an extra charge - ask at reception for availability
- Shuttle services to and from ski school and ski kindergarten
- The Fruchtzwerg (Fruit Munchkin) breakfast corner
- Kids tables at dinner from 6pm
- Weekly pizza-baking session with the kitchen staff
- Family spa
- Kids' bathrobes
- Child and teen wellness treatments
Facilities - Hotel Bergwelt features
· free WiFi · bar and lounge with open fire · cigar lounge (rest of hotel is non-smoking) · extensive wine cellar with rare and exclusive wines - extra charge for weekly wine tasting · sun deck in lobby · indoor and outdoor pools · fitness room · superb spa world with steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and relaxation areas · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · library with books in multiple languages · free kids' club from 3 years (Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm with lunch included and 6-9pm) · extra charge for evening childcare · children's playroom with toys · games room · heated boot room with lockers · lift to all floors
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer, minibar, free WiFi, bathrobes and slippers and are non-smoking.
A2 Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Bergwelt
· welcome drink · hot and cold breakfast buffet · daily après snack (3pm-5pm) · 5-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly starter and dessert buffets · weekly Italian evening · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.