Location - where is Xtra Chalet Champs Avalins
- High speed gondola and chair lift approximately 3 minutes' walk
- Funival Express Funicular approximately 4 minutes' walk
- chalet description
- Xtra Chalet Champs Avalins description
The Le Dôme is an ‘Xtra Chalet ’ – giving you all the benefits of one of our welcoming chalets, but enhanced by some added extras, run by our own friendly and helpful staff.
In common with the rest of Val d’Isère’s La Daille area, the chalet might not win any awards for the cutest or prettiest exterior in the Alps, but as with all properties, it is the location that really counts! And that’s where the Champs Avalins really scores. You can ski back to within just 50m of the chalet, and each morning you have a choice of lifts right on hand to whisk you up the mountain.
Inside, the Champs Avalins offers a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The attractive restaurant on the first floor has views to the piste, and forms the centrepiece of our chalet, setting the scene for our Xtra Chalet catering.
Our residents’ bar is ideal for afternoon, or pre-or post-dinner drinks and is a lively venue for swapping the day’s ski highlights.
Start the day with a full breakfast including cooked and continental options, whilst Afternoon Tea offers a selection of cakes and a savoury option. Evening meals start with a glass of Prosecco, followed by an appetiser, main course and a choice of cheese or dessert to finish your meal. Families staying in our ‘Xtra-Chalets’ can chose for children to have High Tea at 5.30 or all dine together at a later time.
In contrast to our other properties, we have two dinner sittings in our dining room, one from 6.30pm for aperitifs, and the other from 8pm, creating a cosier dinner ambiance, and giving you the possibility of enjoying more après-ski, either in the early evening on some nights or after dinner on other nights. We will do our best to accommodate your individual preferences and you can state which sitting you prefer (if any) when booking.
Facilities - Xtra Chalet Champs Avalins features
- Fantastic Ski Location
- Ski Virtually to the doorstep
- WiFi available in communal areas of the Chalet
*No hotel parking, however there is a free car park located outside the hotel.
There is also a secure underground car park on the opposite side of the road to the hotel (€17.50 per day/€82 per week)
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- The bedrooms are generally a good size and attractively furnished, and all of them have well appointed shower or bathrooms, most with smart new tiling from floor to ceiling. Most rooms have balconies, many of which are south-facing and overlook the piste where the World Cup Downhill run finishes, and there are some pairs of rooms with an inter-connecting door available on request.
- Lower Ground Floor - Bar/lounge, ski and boot room
- Ground Floor - Main entrance, ski and boot room, reception, dining room, kitchen, 2 x WC
- First Floor
Rooms 100,102, 104,106-110,112, 113 Twin with bath/wc & balcony.
Room 101 Twin/triple with bath/wc and balcony
Rooms 103,105 Double with bath/wc & balcony
Room 111 Double with small shower/wc
Rooms 200,202-210,212 &213 Twin with bath/wc & balcony
Room 201 Twin/triple with bath/wc & balcony
Rooms 300,302-310,312-313 Twin with bath/wc & balcony
Room 301 Twin/triple with bath/wc & balcony
** Rooms 102 & 103, 104 & 105, 106 & 107, 302 & 303, 304 & 305, 306 & 307 have interconnecting doors which may be unlocked on request if the pairs of rooms are booked by one party.
Supplements per person per night: Bath/wc & balcony £6;
No supplement for rooms 110, 111, 112, 113, 210, 212, 213, 310, 312, 313 which are slightly smaller
Meals - food and drink in Xtra Chalet Champs Avalins
All our chalet meals are as follows:
- Daily continental buffet breakfasts with occasional hot options
- Afternoon teas on 6 days*
- 3-course evening meals including wine on 6 days*
Vegetarian options are always available , and other special diets are available at a supplement if booked in advance.
Children in Chalets
- Children aged 11 years and over are welcome in all chalets on all dates.
- Children 10 years and under are also welcome as follows – in chalet on any date where one group books the entire chalet for their exclusive use.
- We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 10 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 10 years and under to eat at the adult sitting.
- However, where children aged 10 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.
- Continental buffet breakfast for 7 mornings with hot option provided on 6 mornings per week†
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake & savoury treat on 6 days†
- 3 course evening evening set menu served 6 days, including pre-dinner glass of prosecco with a choice of complimentary wine & tea/coffee†
- Complimentary tea & coffee available throughout the day
- Special celebration menus on Christmas Day & New Year's Eve
†(Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea & dinner is 6 days per week due to Chalet Hotel staff's day off)
More information about Xtra Chalet cuisine catering
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Substantial breakfast - continental buffet breakfast on 7 mornings with hot option provided on 6 days
- Lunch service:
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savoury treats on 6 days
- Dinner service:
- 3-course dinners with a set menu on 6 evenings including a prosecco apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines and tea or coffee
Board basis options available