Location - where is Hotel Le Flaine
The Hotel Le Flaine is in the centre of the resort, next door to the Restaurant la Perdrix Noire and close to the ice skating rink – perfect for an family-friendly après. When it comes to getting up the mountain each morning, the Aup de Veran lift is only a 3-minute walk away, but if you walk a bit further, then you can jump on the Grandes Platieres instead. At the end of the day, you can take the Pin and Erable green runs back down towards the hotel, or if you fancy a challenge then the Celestine red run is a good option.
- hotel description
- Hotel Le Flaine description
Affording exceptional mountain views, and close to the pistes in the Grand Massif, is the Hotel Le Flaine. This avant-garde-style building sits in the centre of the resort, close to many shops and bars.
The 72 comfortable, spacious and functional bedrooms are ideal for families, friends and couples who want a great-value holiday in the centre of this French mountain resort.
As well as the stylish bar and lounge area, with its real wood-burning fireplace that stands in the centre of the room, there’s a range of onsite facilities that all ages can enjoy. The adults, for example, can take advantage of the modern spa area, complete with a sauna, hammam and whirlpools.
The children are taken care of, too, at the various kids’ clubs that are suited to specific age groups. During French school holidays, tweens and teens even have access to their very own lounge, where they can chill out on the sofas and play games.
You won’t have to worry about breaking the bank to feed the family either. At the Hotel Le Flaine you’ll get varied buffets both in the morning and evening, and even complimentary wine or fruit juice with your dinner. And so you can really immerse yourself into the local culture, once a week you’ll be treated to a traditional Savoyard dinner with fondue or raclette – yum.
Check-in is from 6pm.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Baby, Mini, Junior & Teenage Clubs
These Recommended by Crystal kids' clubs, based inside the Hotel Le Flaine, offer a selection of childcare options to suit children of all ages. The Baby Club is suited to little ones between 18 months and 3 years, the Mini Club goes from 4-6 years, the Junior Club from 7-10 years and Club Teens from 11-15 years.
- Early learning indoor games, fun in the snow and nap time for the smallest children
- A range of musical and artistic activities, educational games and snowball competitions for the minis
- A programme of mountain-themed activities for the juniors
- A teen HQ for the older children with sofas, WiFi, docking stations and a range of the latest games
- Games, inter-hotel challenges, geocaching and freestyle introductions for the teens
The Baby Club offers 6 half days of care (am or pm) from 8.30am-12pm or 1.30-5pm during school holidays, or 5 half days outside school holidays.
The Mini and Junior clubs offer 6 days of full-day care between 9am and 5pm, and evening care between 7-9pm OR 5 days half-day care from 9am-12pm and 2-5pm.
Club Teens offers approximately 15 hours of care per week during French school holidays only.Please note:
The Mini and Junior clubs only operate for 5 half days per week outside of French school holidays, from approximately 9am-12pm and from 2-5pm. Pre-booking is required.
Facilities - Hotel Le Flaine features
· bar · large terrace · restaurant with panoramic views · onsite ski shop and restaurant · lift · spa area with steam room, 2 whirlpools and sauna (access must be booked in advance and is limited to three entries per week - twice before 4pm and once after 4pm - please ask for further details on arrival in resort) · massage and treatments are available for an extra charge · hotel-run kids' club for 18 months-15 years · 72 bedrooms
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have flatscreen TVs and access to WiFi.
Twin room - sleep 2: Double or twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Triple room - sleep 3: Three single beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Quad room - sleep 4: Double bed or twin beds, bunkbeds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC. This room can sleep a maximum of two adults and two children up to 15 years of age.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Le Flaine
· buffet breakfast · full-board option available · buffet lunch with hot dishes or packed lunch · buffet evening meals with free wine and fruit juice · weekly dessert buffet · weekly Savoyard dinner with fondue or raclette · Christmas and New Year gala dinners included