Location - where is Hotel La Cachette, Arc 1600
· excellent central location in Arc 1600 · 1 minute's walk to the slopes (ski in, ski out depending on conditions) · 2 minutes' walk to the ski school
- hotel description
- Hotel La Cachette, Arc 1600 description
The Hotel La Cachette is a classically French mountain ski hotel for those who want to experience skiing like a local. The hotel stands at the bottom of the piste in Arc 1600, and the south-facing rooms have superb views down onto Bourg Saint Maurice. Its location gives you instant skiing access, and then you can come back to refuel on the sun terrace with a bite to eat at lunch - or a refreshment of the liquid variety when it’s time for après in the hotel bar.
The decor is French Alpine, particularly in the bright and airy communal areas, with exposed stone, stained wood beams, and deep red carpets. Comfort in these areas surpasses that of the bedrooms, but you can still be assured of a good night’s sleep.
The restaurant serves up traditional French cuisine with a menu which changes daily to make the most of seasonal ingredients. As you'd expect from a French-run establishment, to accompany your daily buffet-style evening meals you'll get unlimited free wine for the duration of your meal - making your evenings just that little bit more merry.
You’ll also have complimentary access to the excellent hotel-run kids’ club. The club runs for six days and one evening per week, all season for kids aged 3-5 years, and during French school holidays for kids aged 6-17 years. They can enjoy a range of activities under the supervision of qualified, English-speaking professionals. Each week has a different theme, so your kids could be rehearsing for a sci-fi fantasy show, or painting pictures of pretty plants. For the older ones, there are sports tournaments, creative workshops and even discos.
Free baby and toddler equipment is available so there's no need to bring it with you. For adults, there's a sauna and basic fitness room. Both are free to use and booking your sauna session is easy to do with reception.
No admittance to the sauna and fitness room for children under 16 years.
A deposit, payable by debit or credit card only, must be paid at check-in.
The dress code for evening meals is smart/casual.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Renardeaux, Pirates and Junior & Teens Clubs
Recommended by Crystal, the range of clubs in the Hotel La Cachette suit children of all ages. Club Renardeaux is for little ones from 3-5 years, Les Pirates is for 6-10 years, and the Junior & Teens Clubs for the oldest children between 11 and 17 years. All clubs have English-speaking staff and guarantee a lot of happy memories.
- Club Renardeaux & Les Pirates provides themed activities each week, arts and crafts, storytime, singing and creative workshops, plus 'Leo get-togethers' every afternoon including puppet shows, film showings, parties and shows performed by the children
- The Junior & Teens Club offers a specially reserved area for the older children with activities like a Wii, table tennis tournaments, creative workshops and fun sports challenges
- Afternoon snacks are included for children aged 3 months to 10 years
- Extra charge for ski school drop-off and pick-up for children attending Prosneige ski lessons during French school holidays
Renardeaux club is open all season, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am-5.30pm. Lunch is not included, and will be payable locally.
Les Pirates Club is only open during school holidays, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am-5.30pm.
Junior & Teen clubs only operate during French school holidays for 15 hours per week.Please note:
Parents are asked to provide an up-to-date medical certificate/health book to ensure children are up to date with vaccinations. This applies to all children under the age of 6.
Facilities - Hotel La Cachette, Arc 1600 features
· sauna and small fitness room free of charge (booking is required for the sauna) · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · panoramic restaurant with south-facing terrace · hotel bar · piano bar · WiFi in rooms and throughout hotel (additional cost) · free kids' clubs (all season for 3-5 years, during French school holidays for 6-17 years) · baby corner with microwave, high chairs, booster seats and children's cutlery · complete baby kits including cots, growbags, bath support, bath thermometer, changing mat and potties available · extra charge for baby food · pushchairs available from reception · 85 bedrooms · ski storage at Skiset (100m away)
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a cable TV and hairdryer.
Double Room - sleeps 1-2: Double bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Twin Room - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Triple room - sleeps 1-3: Three single beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Quad room - sleeps 1-4: Double bed, two single folding beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel La Cachette, Arc 1600
· continental buffet breakfast · buffet evening meals · unlimited free wine included with evening meals · one Savoyard evening a week
Travelife Gold Award
The Travelife Gold Award formally recognises hotels that achieve excellence in environmental, social and economic sustainability.