Location - where is Hotel Harfenwirt
· 5 minutes walk to village centre · opposite ski lift, nursery slopes and ski bus stop · doorstep skiing to hotel (snow conditions permitting)
- hotel description
- Hotel Harfenwirt description
The Harfenwirt is a lovely, traditional Tirolean hotel with Austrian charm and a friendly welcome and is the sister hotel of the Hotel Sonnschein. The hotel is in an enviable location opposite the ski slopes, has a new wing and a new wellness area with indoor pool making it the perfect place to relax after a day on the piste. The hotel hosts the Pepi Penguin Club.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
The Harfenwirt hotel is host to our children's club in Niederau - Pepi Penguin, run by our highly trained childcare team.
Pepi Penguin Club is for the little ones (6mths-4yrs) our team have planned lots of activities including outdoor play, arts and crafts, toys and games to keep them entertained for hours.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Snuggle Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm), or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
Activities vary daily. We'll find time for stories, singing, arts and crafts including painting and collage making, plus messy play in the sand tray and free play with age relevant toys set out for the children to choose what they want to do.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
Facilities - Hotel Harfenwirt features
· indoor swimming pool · sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and whirlpool (from 4-6pm) · 2 bars with seating area · TV room · weekly live harp music with Herbert the owner · 88 bedrooms · Pepi Penguin Club
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
for 2 people on half board sharing a room in the main building with head to head separate beds, private shower and WC. Rooms in the annexe buildings, 150m from the main hotel, with Austrian twin beds are also available at a supplement. Larger rooms sleeping up to 3 people, in the original part of the hotel and single rooms with balcony are also available at a supplement. Superior rooms sleeping up to 3 people, in the new wing are also available at a supplement. All bedrooms have satellite TV and hairdryer.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Harfenwirt
· buffet breakfast · 3 course evening meals with choice of main course and daily salad buffet · Christmas and New Year's Eve dinners included
Rooms are available in the main hotel or in either of the annexe buildings, 150m away - guesthouse Bichlwirt or Dummerhof. All meals are taken in the main hotel building.
Ski 2 Areas
Exclusively for guests at the Hotel Sonnschein and Harfenwirt, there will be a free ski bus departing Thursdays and Fridays from Niederau to Hopfgarten, 9km away. Hopfgarten has direct access to the superb Ski Welt area, the biggest linked ski area in Austria. The Ski Welt area includes the resorts of Söll, Scheffau, Ellmau, Itter and Hopfgarten and has 279km of piste to suit every ability. Upgrade lift pass in resort, shuttle available from departures of 4th Jan 2014.