Location - where is The Crystal Lifestyle Hotel
· ski-in, ski-out on a a blue or red piste · opposite the Festkogel gondola · ski bus stop outside · 6 minutes' walk to the village centre
- hotel description
- The Crystal Lifestyle Hotel description
The 4-star-superior Crystal Lifestyle Hotel does a brilliant job of retaining the ethos of excellent, friendly and welcoming Austrian hospitality in a refreshingly modern environment. The cosmopolitan styling in public areas really stands out and helps make this place outstanding. And the up-to-date design isn’t just from what you can see – this place has serious ecological credentials, utilising 100% renewable energy.
Attention to detail is what it’s all about here. From the sleek combination of wood, glass and stone to clever lighting and a beautiful palette of warming colours - the Crystal keeps that sense of elegance flowing throughout. The rooms are not as modern, but are equally as comfortable and spacious with all mod-cons you’d expect.
The wellness area is a real treat for the senses. Gym-bunnies have a fitness room to help keep in shape. Tired skiers can re-energise in the saunas and steam baths followed by a breath of fresh air on the spa terrace before diving into the outdoor pool with views of the Ötztal mountainscape. The Private Spa Suite is perfect for personal pampering time either alone or with your partner – and there’s a massage and treatment menu to complement the peaceful surroundings.
The Crystal’s position couldn’t be much better either – walk out of the excellent ski room and virtually straight onto the Festkogel gondola for easy access to Obergurgl’s slopes. Plus you can ski virtually back to the door via either a blue or red run – depending on your ability.
Unsurprisingly, with a hotel this fine, the food is a big part of the experience. The culinary team select the best ingredients to create delicious cuisine – with a menu changing daily. The head chef sources meat from the local area, natural products matured nearby and select ingredients of the best possible origin to really make every mealtime a joy.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
This Recommended by Crystal kids' club is perfect for when mum and dad fancy a little extra slope (or spa) time without the little ones. Free supervised childcare is provided for youngsters from 3 to 12 years old.
- Free play with a range of toys
- Board games and imaginative play
- Arts and crafts
- Snowman building
- Snow play
The club operates Sunday to Friday between 10am and 9pm. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Facilities - The Crystal Lifestyle Hotel features
· 2000m2two-storey spa with heated outdoor pool, indoor pool and textile sauna (swimsuits permitted) plus adults-only spa with indoor relaxation pool, outdoor Finnish sauna, bio sauna, aromatic steam bath, brine steam bath, herbal bath, infrared cabin, adventure showers, ice fountain and relaxation area with waterbeds and open fireplace · extra charge for private spa suite with Finnish sauna, bio sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation area · extra charge for treatments and massages · fitness centre · The Crystal restaurant · bar and lounge · wine lounge · extra charge for weekly wine tasting · Salz & Pfeffer à la carte restaurant · games room with Playstation 3, pool table, table tennis, table football, darts and group games · kids’ playroom · free Recommended by Crystal Smiley kids’ club (Sun-Fri) · free WiFi throughout · lift to all floors
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, cable TV and safe. Cots are available to hire, free of charge, upon request.
Twin Room -25m² - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, sofa bed or put up bed, private shower and WC.
Twin Room - 50m² - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Two storey maisonette with Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath, WC and balcony.
Single Room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available
Please note: Rooms next door to each other may be available on request. Rooms must be the same type and cannot be guaranteed. Adjoining junior suites are not available. All rooms are in the original west wing building.
Meals - food and drink in The Crystal Lifestyle Hotel
· welcome drink · mineral water in rooms on arrival day · hot and cold buffet breakfast (7.30-10.30am, or from 7am on weekends) · daily afternoon snacks in the bar (3-5pm) · 4-course evening meal with choice of main course, and daily salad buffet · weekly starter, cheese, fish and dessert buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.