Location - where is Hotel Alpina
· quiet location on a hill · 5 minutes' walk down to the main street · ski-out · ski from door to ski school meeting point, or free shuttle bus for kids and beginners
- hotel description
- Hotel Alpina description
The Hotel Alpina enjoys an enviable location overlooking the town of Obergurgl with direct access to and from the slopes via the modern ski room with heated boot racks. This luxurious hotel has a comfortable lounge with open fire, perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail and a elegant dining room serving a wide array of cuisines complemented by an extensive wine list. The spacious bedrooms are decorated in a modern style but retain plenty of Tyrolean charm. For relaxation there's a generously sized family spa with swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room and a separate adult sauna and relaxation area too.
The 4* Hotel Alpina - Sonnberg Annex is the original part of the hotel and rooms are available here. Customers in the Sonnberg have use of all facilities in the Hotel Alpina.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Alpina.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Alpina's Children's Program
The Hotel Alpina is host to a Recommended by Crystal children's club, which offers guests the use of of all-season playrooms with supervision for those aged betweeen 3-12 years.
- Toys and entertainment
- Games and prizes
- Snow play
- Arts and crafts
Free supervision in one of the playrooms from Sunday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm. Lunch is included.Family facilities
As well as the kids' club, the Alpina provides a whole range of facilities and amenities for guests in both the main hotel and the Sonnberg Annexe. These include:
- Extra play room (without supervision)
- Snooker room with table tennis and other games
- Free shuttle bus to and from the ski school
- Kids' New Years Ever and Christmas events
- Magic show once a week
Facilities - Hotel Alpina features
· free WiFi · 70 bedrooms · bar and lounge · live music every Monday · Magician every Sunday · indoor swimming pool · family sauna · 'Alpina Mar' spa area with saunas, including both naked and textile (clothed) sauna adequate for families with children, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpools, fitness room, relaxation room with panoramic views and winter garden · extra charge for massage and solarium · games room with pool table and table tennis · 2 children's playroom with toys · Recommended by Crystal - Hotel-run kids' club - free children's supervision from 3 years (Sun-Fri, 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm) · lift to first 4 floors · heated boot room · ski storage room
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to use the spa area.
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All bedrooms have bathrobes, hairdryer, minibar, baby listening service, internet link, safe, satellite TV and are non-smoking.
Type C Junior Suite (37m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Type C+ Junior Suite (37m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Type D Suite (45m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Type E Superior Suite (55m²) - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Type F Deluxe Suite (58m²) - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin bedroom, double sofa bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Alpina
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · sparkling wine breakfast on Sunday · daily afternoon snack and cake buffet (3-5pm) · 4-course evening meals with choice of main course and daily salad and cheese buffets · weekly 6 course gala dinner · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Afternoon snack consists of one hot dish, cold cuts and bread
Smart/casual dress required in dining room.
Jacket and tie required for Christmas and New Year Gala meals.
Free tap water with meals.