Location - where is Grand Hotel
· central village location on the lakeside · 8 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola · free shuttle bus to the ski lifts every 15 minutes
- hotel description
- Grand Hotel description
Before you’ve even entered the Grand Hotel you’ll understand why it is so named. Its prominent lakeside location is arguably the finest in Zell am See – jutting out into the lake to provide panoramic views. Plus you’re only moments from the centre of Zell.
The Grand dates back to the nineteenth century and the ornate designs of the Belle Epoch run throughout. The rooms are a mixture of traditional Alpine style and modern luxury – with many having superb lake views that are sure to put a smile on your face.
There are two wings in the Grand – the Imperial and the Wellness wing. Both are connected by a short underground passageway, making it easy to access of all the excellent facilities in the hotel. Spend an evening in the hotel's casino, or head to the bar – a relaxed area for enjoying a drink in style. The hotel is also fully non-smoking.
All customers have access to the classic spa with saunas and indoor pool. If you choose to stay in a suite, you’ll also have free access to the Grandspa – a luxury wellness centre with a range of saunas and treatment rooms - especially relaxing when the kids are enjoying activities at the free Recommended by Crystal kids' club.
The food menu explores local flavours and classic dishes - plus vegetarians and kids are well catered for too. In the mornings, the breakfast spread will set you up perfectly for a day out on the mountain, with the dining rooms having those trademark views.
The service is friendly and professional - you’ll instantly feel welcome. The team have lots of experience in making your stay seamless from arrival to departure – including a free shuttle service up to the CityXpress gondola.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Grand Hotel Kids' Club
This Recommended by Crystal club is a fantastic (and free) childcare option that runs throughout the season. While the parents take a breather, the little rascals can get active. The team of professional supervisors guarantee a fun and active programme - indoors and out - Monday to Friday for children aged between 3 and 10 years.
- Free play with a range of toys
- Evening lantern walks
- Arts and crafts
- Snow play
Available Monday to Thursday from 8.30am-12.30pm and again from 4.30-8.30pm and Friday from 8.30am-7.30pm. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Terms and conditions apply.Family Facilities
As well as dedicated childcare, the hotel also offer a wide range of family-friendly amenities. These include:
- A separate children's area within the indoor pool
- Children's bathrobes
- Playstation consoles for hire
- Free rental of lots of baby accessories including baby baths, bottles and jars
- All-day bar for children and special children's half-board menus
- Playground with swings and sandpit
- Hotel babysitting services - payable locally
Facilities - Grand Hotel features
· free WiFi · casino · café · beautiful Imperial Bar with open fire · extra charge for wine tasting (min. 6 people) · indoor Roman bath-style pool with separate kids' pool · superb wellness area with sauna · fitness room · extra charge for 'Grandspa' area (free entry for those staying in a suite) · extra charge for massage · free Recommended by Crystal - Hotel-run kids' club with supervision for 3-10 years (Mon-Fri) · children's playroom with toys · extra charge for babysitting · 130 bedrooms · lift · free internet terminal
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a cable TV, minibar, hairdryer, safe and entry to the wellness spa in the Imperial wing of the Grand hotel. Junior suites, Wellness Deluxe rooms and Grand suites have free entry to the Grandspa area.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Twin Room (with balcony) - sleeps 2: Located in the Wellness wing, Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony with lake view.
SuperiorTwin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower or bath, WC and balcony with lake view.
Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Deluxe Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Located in the Wellness wing, Austrian twin beds, a single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Type C family apartment - sleeps 2-4: Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, living room with bunk beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Suite - sleeps 2-5: Two sets of Austrian twin beds, single bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony with lake view.
There are two wings in the Grand - the Imperial and the Wellness - connected by a short underground passageway. Bookings with multiple rooms of more than one type cannot be guaranteed to be on the same floor. Only rooms not in the main hotel building have a location specification.
Mountain view rooms overlook the railway line and may experience some noise from passing trains.
* The minimum occupancy for the Suite between the 31 Dec 2017 and 6 Jan 2018 is 3 adults.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Meals - food and drink in Grand Hotel
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily afternoon snack (3pm-4pm, no drink) · 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · frequent speciality buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.