Location - where is Das Central - Alpine, Luxury, Life
· ideal location just steps from the resort centre · 10 minutes' walk to the ski lift - free shuttle bus stops outside
- hotel description
- Das Central - Alpine, Luxury, Life description
The superb 5 star Das Central is the height of luxury in Sölden. Just steps from the resort centre and 10 minutes from the lifts, the Central is impossible to miss. Beautiful on the outside, the hotel is just as impressive inside with its perfect blend of traditional charm and modern elegance.
The 125 rooms and suites are more than just a place to sleep – warm, inviting and finished to a high standard, you’re sure to wake up with a smile on your face. Some rooms are located in the Wellness Residence - which is where you'll be able to indulge in a wide range of massages and beauty treatments at the hands of the excellent team at the Central.
Another feature that really makes the Central stand out is the Venetian-themed spa. Spread across 3 storeys are an impressive variety of saunas, steam baths and relaxation rooms – plus an indoor pool with an original gondola and a replica of St Mark’s Square that will make you feel as though you’ve been whisked to Venice itself.
Food and wine lovers will be in heaven at the Central. The cuisine is toque-rated and always exquisite, whether you’re starting your day with the luxury breakfast buffet or spending the evening lingering over a delectable 5-course feast. If you really want to spoil yourself, try the à la carte restaurant "Ötztaler Stube" – chef Gottfried Prantl is famous for his unique creations which are more art than food. If you fancy something different, you could also join the fondue evening which is held several times a week in the hotel’s wine cellar – surrounded by their collection of 30,000 bottles of wine. So impressive is the collection, that the hotel was given the VINEUS Wine Culture Award for 'Best Wine Hotel in Austria 2016'.
With so much on offer, you’ll be hard pressed to even leave the hotel.
Facilities - Das Central - Alpine, Luxury, Life features
· spacious lounge with log fire · Restaurant Feinspitz · Marend Stube bar/restaurant · toque-rated Ötztaler Stube à la carte restaurant · wine cellar · library with English newspapers · weekly live music · pillow menu · incredible 3-storey Venetian-themed spa - indoor pool with original gondola, two Finnish saunas, bio sauna, Swiss pine sauna, steam room, tepidarium, brine steam bath, infrared sauna, hot stones, brine grotto, Kneipp basins, fresh air room, ice grotto, St Mark's Square room with relaxation couches, Asian-themed relaxation room with water beds and health buffet · extra charge for a huge range of treatments and massages · 120m² fitness centre · various fitness classes such as pilates and yoga · extra charge for personal fitness assessment · guided ski safari · Nordic walk · kids' playroom · ski room with lockers and heated boot rack · free WiFi · lift to all floors
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a flatscreen satellite TV with UK channels, DVD player, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, fridge, telephone and free WiFi. Cots are available on request.
Twin Room (Wellness residence - 30m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Twin Room (38m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Junior Suite ( 50m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, seating area with extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Meals - food and drink in Das Central - Alpine, Luxury, Life
· welcome drink · generous hot and cold buffet breakfast with bio-corner · 5-course gourmet evening meals with a choice of all courses and daily salad and cheese buffets (taken in the Restaurant Feinspitz) · weekly gala dinners · extra charge for Ötztaler Stube à la carte restaurant · extra charge for fondue evening in the wine cellar · early meals for children available
· Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala meals included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.