Location - where is Chalet Hotel Elisabeth
5 minutes’ (approx. 500m) walk to the Rufikopf gondolas
- chalet description
- Chalet Hotel Elisabeth description
Welcome to Chalet Hotel Elisabeth
We are certain that many of our regular guests will love the Elisabeth’s comforts combined with its pretty and convenient setting in this classy, charming resort. Our team look forward to welcoming you to its well-appointed rooms and suites, excellent leisure facilities and superb location.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
The Elisabeth has an enviable location in the resort, tucked back from the main street and overlooking the river, yet convenient for Lech’s main facilities.
A short 3-4 minutes’ easy stroll on the private road that runs by the river will take you to the heart of the resort with its attractive shops, bars and restaurants and our ski equipment partner shop.
SKI AREA ACCESS
A leisurely 5 minutes’ stroll along the road running parallel to the river leads to the Rufiplatz where skiers can take the Rufikopf gondola to start their day and explore the Stubenbach slopes with its lovely open blue and red runs leading down to charming Zurs.
Alternatively, take the bus from the main street, only 2-3 minutes from the hotel door, to the Schlegelkopf chair-lifts to enjoy Oberlech’s appealing runs and hospitable lunch spots with sunny panoramic terraces. For beginners the Flühen and Schwarzwand drag lifts are close to the main church and about 8 minutes’ walk, although the efficient free ski shuttle is the easiest way to get here and to the ski school meeting place.
At the end of the day, ski down to the village centre from your chosen route and stroll the five minutes or so home, perhaps stopping to enjoy a warm welcome in one of the hospitable après-ski bars as you pass.
COMFORTABLE HOTEL FACILITIES
The Elisabeth has been owned and lovingly cared for by the Gafgo family for many years and the pride they have taken in the hotel is clear from the moment you enter. Classic Austrian decorative features, such as warm wood panelling and beams, combine with more modern bedroom facilities and quality bathrooms to provide guests with a very comfortable stay, completed by the impressive indoor pool and leisure facilities.
The attractive fireplace with feature chimney is set between the lounge bar, where tea and coffee is available, and the dining room with its smart red upholstered Stube booths and inviting decor. Free Wifi is available in all the public areas to stay in touch with loved ones and share your holiday experiences.
Downstairs is the atmospheric Reindeer bar, providing a warm ambience for convivial pre-dinner apéritifs and canapés and perhaps a nightcap after your meal.
A spacious, heated ski and boot room is on the ground floor with its own convenient separate entrance opening onto the quiet road which leads to the resort centre and the closest lift at Rufiplatz.
The bedrooms are comfortably furnished and are all individually decorated to a high standard. The large twin rooms have a sofa bed (suitable for an adult or child), which in many rooms is set slightly apart from the main Austrian twin bed, through an archway into an alcove area. All have an en suite bath or shower room, TV, hairdryer and safe and some have the benefit of a balcony.
The Elisabeth’s appeal is enhanced by its indoor heated swimming pool (8 x 3 metres) and the adjoining sauna, steam room and relaxation area will be a welcome haven for guests over 13 at the end of each skiing day. This area is also beautifully decorated with a bright fish mural and a large sky light so you can see the stars outside or the snow falling, whilst enjoying the warmth of the pool.
Facilities - Chalet Hotel Elisabeth features
- Delightful 4-diamond Chalet Hotel in a riverside setting close to the heart of picturesque Lech
- 5 minutes’ (approx. 500m) walk to the Rufikopf gondolas
- Resort centre only 3 minutes’ walk
- Indoor swimming pool (3m x 8m), sauna, steam room & relaxation area
- Spacious bedrooms & suites, all en suite with shower/ bath, wc, hairdryer, safe & TV
- Attractive bar with feature open fireplace
- Lift to all floors
- Full Chalet Hotel buffet breakfast with daily hot option
- Piste picnic packed lunches available
- Afternoon tea/coffee with a selection of cakes
- 5-course dinners with a choice of menu, including aperitif, choice of complimentary quality wines, coffee, and chocolates
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
Occupancy: 50-66 guests
- Spa area with swimming pool, sauna, steam room, showers, wc & relaxation area
Lower Ground Floor
- Entrance, Reception area, lounge area with bar, dining room
Stairs & lift to all floors
Ski & boot room with external access
- Room 1:Austrian twin with bath/wc
- Room 2:Large twin/triple (single sofa bed) bath/wc
- Lounge with open fireplace, bar and small library & Sun terrace
- Room 10:Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 11: Twin (single bed & sofa-bed in alcove) with shower/wc
- Room 12: Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 14: Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 15: Single with shower/wc
- Room 16: Single with shower/wc
- Room 17: Austrian twin with shower/wc
- Room 35: Large Austrian twin/triple (the 3rd bed is in an alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 36: Large Austrian twin/triple (the 3rd bed is in an alcove) with bath/wc
- Room A1: Large Austrian twin/triple (the 3rd bed is in an alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 19: Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 18: Austrian twin with shower/wc
- (Rooms 19 and 18 are off a shared lobby so are ideal for friends or a family)
- Room 20: Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 21: Twin (single bed & sofa-bed in alcove) with shower/wc
- Room 22: Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with shower/wc
- Room 23: Austrian twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 23a: Austrian twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 24: Austrian twin with shower/wc
- Room 25: Austrian twin with bath/wc
- Room 26: Large Austrian twin/triple (the 3rd bed is in an alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 27 Large Austrian twin/triple (the 3rd bed is in an alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 29 Large Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed in alcove) with bath/wc
- Room 28Austrian twin with shower/wc
- (Rooms 29 and 28 are off a shared lobby so are ideal for friends or a family)
- Supplements per person per night: Bath/wc £2.45; Bath/wc/balcony £3.45; Single shower/wc £8.45; 2-Share a Large Room £3.50 (in addition to facility supplements) Rooms 18/19 & 28/29 can be sold together for groups or families of 4-5 as they share a lobby off the main corridor
Meals - food and drink in Chalet Hotel Elisabeth
We set very high standards for our cuisine, and train our staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that you will thoroughly enjoy every meal on your own holiday with us. We also take our Health and Safety responsibilities extremely seriously, so all our chalet and Chalet Hotel staff during the pre-season training course are trained to the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health’s Level 2 in Food Safety. For six days of the week our staff prepare all your meals, as described below.
A good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so we provide both a cooked breakfast including your choice of bacon, eggs, sausages and beans, as well as a continental selection with a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea, coffee and bread (and croissants in France), cold meats, cheese and preserves, which is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. On our staff's one day off a week, only the continental breakfast will be provided.
Our Chalet Hotels can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge. For skiers keen to keep their Euro-spending to an absolute minimum, this is the ideal way to keep your costs down!
The traditional 'welcome home' after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff's one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready. As an added benefit for guests in our Chalet Hotels, our chefs prepare a selection of cakes for afternoon tea.
Children's High Tea
In Chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, High Tea provides children under 13 years with a healthy menu, tailored more towards children's tastes and puréed food is available for infants on request. High Tea is at 5.30pm, and children do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Children's High Tea in Chalet Hotels
Families staying in one of our Chalet Hotels may choose to eat separately (High Tea at 5:30pm) or all dine together at the later adult dinner time if children who have received a child discount pay the meal upgrade charge of £39 at the time of booking only
Dinner in Chalets
A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host or by an experienced and professional chef in our larger chalets and served with a choice of wines. Our four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and completed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening. Your choice of complimentary quality wines is unlimited during the meal service, and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
Culinary Choice Dinners in Chalet Hotels
A special feature of our Chalet Hotels is a more extensive culinary experience for our guests. With the greater kitchen facilities of a hotel, our professional chefs are able to offer choices of menu at dinner freshly prepared for you six nights per week, generally including lighter as well as more hearty options, and always a vegetarian choice for each course. Guests will be asked to choose their evening meals at breakfast for that evening from a varied daily selection. Our Chalet Hotel adult-only dinners offer 5 courses for six nights per week, starting with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and a cheese selection to round off your meal in style. All this is then followed by coffee with chocolates to complete your evening's repast! Your choice of complimentary quality wines is unlimited during the meal service and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
Vegetarian and Special Diets
Vegetarian options are always on our 'Culinary Choice' menu in our Chalet Hotels, and are available in our chalets if you advise us in advance. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared.