Location - where is Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie
Prime location in the resort, set back from main road in the resort centre
Main ski lifts all within 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
Children’s ski area just 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
- chalet description
- Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie description
NB: This is a "family" chalet, so all bookings must include at least one child or teenager.
The popular Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie is in the very heart of Val d'Isère and offers great family accommodation in this iconic ski resort. Traditionally appointed with warm wood tones, and with an excellent choice of family bedroom options, the accommodation here is simple yet fulfils the needs of young families. The communal areas including the bar, lounge and restaurant have all been newly renovated and all bedrooms will also be renovated for next winter.
Situated right in the very heart of Val d'Isère, yet set back from the main thoroughfare, the hotel nestles in a side street, close to the pedestrianised area and affords easy access to the centre, the main ski lifts, the children's nursery ski area and all the resort facilities.
Skiers only need to stroll about 320m from the hotel to reach Val d'Isère's three main high-speed lifts and access this fabulous ski area. The 10-person Solaise Gondola, complete with heated seats and WiFi goes straight to the reshaped Solaise peak, in only seven minutes, from where a choice of lifts and runs fans out, including the connections across to the Le Fornet area and the superb snow of the Pissaillas Glacier. There are also some additional beginner slopes, for all ages, right at the top of the Solaise gondola and a stylish Day Lodge with café, bar, games area and kids corner, complete with sun terraces and a picnic area so everyone can enjoy the spectacular views. Alternatively, choose either the Bellevarde Express chair or the Olympique gondola to access the Rocher de Bellevarde, with its long cruising runs down to La Daille, and the connections across the Tovière ridge to the wonders of Tignes.
Yet more skiing options are offered by the resort's excellent free ski bus, which stops just 30m from the Ducs de Savoie, and will take you to Le Fornet or La Daille for an alternative starting point.
At the end of your ski day, pistes from both the Bellevarde and the Solaise sides of the valley run back to the same base area, giving you the choice of the short walk back to the Ducs de Savoie, or Val d'Isère's wonderful selection of inviting cafés and bars for a relaxing après ski drink.
Within the hotel, the lounge/bar is on the ground floor and is an ideal spot for relaxing over afternoon tea or pre-dinner drinks, whilst the spacious dining area has a light and contemporary ambience with striking art panels to inspire you.
Our dedicated Childcare room is situated on the first floor and offers a quiet play area. Snow Club has its own room, on the ground floor, for all its indoor fun and Cocoa Club takes play in the Snow Club room.
Our staff provide a hot and cold buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meals, whilst our Baby-Listening/Child-Patrol, running until 10.30pm on the first floor, allows parents to relax in good company over coffee after dining. Children's high tea is served at 5.30pm and supervised by our staff until 6pm.
We offer a range of comfortable family rooms, from twins and triples to family rooms and suites, so all family sizes are catered for, whether you're two parents and an infant or a larger family of six. The third bed in all triple and quad rooms is similar to a top bunk or cabin bed, with a wardrobe beneath, and is situated in the entrance hallway of the room. (This bed is more suitable for children over six years old.) The fourth bed in quad rooms is a put-up-bed. All bedrooms have flat screen TV/DVD (with UK channels) so bring your favourite DVDs. The bedrooms will all be updated for next winter with new carpets, headboards and lights.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Ski Childcare & Children’s Ski Lessons
We have led the childcare concept for UK families on skiing holidays for the last 35 years and our programme is constantly reviewed and refined, with previous guest feedback always the key element in further enhancing the experience.
For parents, Classic Childcare means being able to leave your accommodation after breakfast to head for the first lifts, only needing to return after the last one shuts. We look after your children completely throughout the ski day if you wish.
While the babies and toddlers go to our Nursery, staff take the older ones to our partner ski-school, collect them, give them lunch, run activities to keep them happy and stimulated and then take them back to their chalets for their high tea, giving you our super-convenient ‘Seamless Service’ throughout the day.
Why Choose us?
- 35 years experience as the UK’s leading family ski specialist
- The biggest choice of childcare services in skiing
- Flexible childcare options, from half-days up to our 'Seamless Service' from 9am-6pm
- Strict ratios of nannies to children in all our Nurseries
- All nannies properly qualified and English-speaking
- All childcare staff are subject to the new Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check (formerly the 'CRB' check) in line with the UK's legal requirements for anyone working regularly and closely with children.
- All appropriate childcare and catering staff trained to the City & Guilds Level 2 in Food Safety or equivalent
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between staff or ski instructors and parents
- Exclusive ski classes, with the best English-speaking instructors
- Maximum 8 children in a class, and only 6 per class for 3-4 year-olds
- Guided Ski Fun afternoon groups
- Family Ski Guiding on your last day
- FREE evening Baby-Listening/ Child Patrol Service every night in all our Chalet Hotels, Xtra Chalets and larger chalets, and in all properties on our staff’s one night off per week
Facilities - Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie features
- Childcare on site
- In resort centre
- Dedicated Childcare rooms
- All communal areas have been renovated
- All bedrooms to be updated ready for Dec 2021
- Transfer 2hrs
- Prime location in the resort, set back from main road in the resort centre
- Main ski lifts all within 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
- Children’s ski area just 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
Welcome to the Ducs de Savoie
- Bar with seating and further lounge area downstairs
- Snow Club room
Rooms and suites with evening Baby Listening Service and dedicated play room.
- Child play room with separate play areas
- Room 101* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 102* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 103* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 104* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 105 (sleeps 2): Twin (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 106* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 107* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 11 (sleeps 4-5): Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area
with 2 single sofa beds, balcony and single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 12 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 13 (sleeps 4): Twin beds and two single beds in alcove area near entrance
Rooms 12 & 13 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 6-7, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 101, 102, 103, 104, 106 and 107 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
Range of rooms and suites available
- Room 201* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 202* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 203* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 204* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 205 (sleeps 2): Double (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 206* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 207* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 208* (sleeps 4-6): Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Room 22 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 23 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (shower/wc)
- Suite 21 (sleeps 4-5): Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed in alcove near the entrance (bath/wc)
Rooms 22 & 23 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 4-6, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 201, 202, 203, 204, 206 207 and Suite 208 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
Range of rooms and suites available
- Room 301* Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 302* Sleeps 2-4 Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 303* Sleeps 2-3 Double/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 304* Sleep 4-5 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony) with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 305 Sleeps 2-4 Twin (bath/wc/balcony) with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 307* Sleeps 2-4 Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Suite 308* Sleeps 4-6 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Suite 31 Sleeps 4-6 Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed & put-up bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 32 Sleeps 3-4 Twin beds and single bed and sofa bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 33 Sleeps 4-5 Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance and a mezzanine with single bed & sofa bed (bath/wc)
Rooms 32 & 33 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 7-9, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 301, 302, 303, 304 and 307 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
A selection of rooms and suites
- Room 401* Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 402* Sleeps 2-4 Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 403* Sleeps 4-7 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a)
double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony) and b) twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 405* Sleeps 4-6 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a)
double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony) and b) twin/triple (bath/wc)
*All rooms and suites on this floor have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
All rooms and suites will take a cot.Third bed: as this is similar to a single top bunk or cabin bed, we suggest it is only suitable for children over 6 years, however parents have the final decision on this. The first floor is a dedicated floor with Baby Listening and this service is also offered on the 2nd floor on a couple of weeks of the season.
The fourth bed in all the following suites/rooms is a put up bed if required: 102, 104, 106, 202, 204, 206, 208, 302, 307, 308, 402, 403 & 405.
Supplements per person per night: Suites with balcony £8; Rooms with balcony £5; Rooms/Suites 101-110, 205 & 206 have no supplement.
Please enquire with our Reservations Team which bedrooms are adjacent to each other for family/friend co-location should you require this.
Please note that there are separate prices for rooms and suites.
Meals - food and drink in Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie
We set high standards for our cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
One of the joys of choosing to take a catered Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Our staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in our chalets and Chalet Hotels on our staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Our Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let us take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
In all our properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, it is served as a buffet in our Chalet Hotels.
Our Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from our staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all our Chalet Hotels, we also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel Meals
High Tea between 5pm and 6pm is served as a 2 course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10 year olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10 year olds are supervised by our childcare team.
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif with canapés, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
Children’s High Tea
High Tea provides children under 11 with a healthy menu, but tailored more towards children’s tastes than our main adult dinner, and puréed food is also always available for infants on request. Parents are asked to accompany their children under 36 months at High Tea please, whilst children from 3-10 years will be supervised by staff.
Vegetarian options are always available in our Chalet Hotels. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
All our Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course), unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.