NB: This is a "family" chalet, so all bookings must include at least one child or teenager.
With the Crest gondola just outside offering skiing to the doorstep, the village centre close by and the ski hire shop just next door, the Chalet Hotel de Champoluc offers ultimate convenience for getting families on the slopes easily and without any fuss.
The open-plan lounge is a perfect place to relax and there's also a children's reading and games corner. Pre-dinner apéritifs and canapés will be served here in the wood panelled lounge, and there is a separate dining room in traditional style.
There is a range of bedrooms and a couple of family suites to meet the needs of different family groups and ages. The family bedrooms and suites provide a choice of accommodation styles for different family groups and ages, and all have the benefit of en-suite facilities and a TV/DVD player. Some also have a balcony.
Some of the bedrooms on the third floor have been renovated with wooden floors and stylish decor.
On the lowest floor is the ski and boot room, with a door giving direct access outside to the Crest gondola and piste.
At the end of the day, a red piste will then bring you back to the Chalet Hotel. The piste is classified as a red but with its lovely long and cruisy stretches it can be happily skied by most skiers with a few weeks experience, skiing at a level above absolute beginners. There are blue runs leading to the mid-station so beginner skiers can then take the gondola down the last stretch.
Our range of childcare is based in the lower ground floor of the chalet hotel. We have a Snow Club room ready for fun and games for our younger guests. These rooms are also used for our evening Cocoa Club activities.
Uniquely this Chalet Hotel, is run by the owner and his team, providing a little extra Italian flair and atmosphere in this comfortable accommodation. Families have dedicated floors where the Child Patrol/Baby Listening Service takes place. Please note there is no Baby Listening on the First Floor.
Ski Childcare & Children’s Ski Lessons
We have led the childcare concept for UK families on skiing holidays for the last 35 years and our programme is constantly reviewed and refined, with previous guest feedback always the key element in further enhancing the experience.
For parents, Classic Childcare means being able to leave your accommodation after breakfast to head for the first lifts, only needing to return after the last one shuts. We look after your children completely throughout the ski day if you wish.
While the babies and toddlers go to our Nursery, staff take the older ones to our partner ski-school, collect them, give them lunch, run activities to keep them happy and stimulated and then take them back to their chalets for their high tea, giving you our super-convenient ‘Seamless Service’ throughout the day.
Why Choose us?
- 35 years experience as the UK’s leading family ski specialist
- The biggest choice of childcare services in skiing
- Flexible childcare options, from half-days up to our 'Seamless Service' from 9am-6pm
- Strict ratios of nannies to children in all our Nurseries
- All nannies properly qualified and English-speaking
- All childcare staff are subject to the new Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check (formerly the 'CRB' check) in line with the UK's legal requirements for anyone working regularly and closely with children.
- All appropriate childcare and catering staff trained to the City & Guilds Level 2 in Food Safety or equivalent
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between staff or ski instructors and parents
- Exclusive ski classes, with the best English-speaking instructors
- Maximum 8 children in a class, and only 6 per class for 3-4 year-olds
- Guided Ski Fun afternoon groups
- Family Ski Guiding on your last day
- FREE evening Baby-Listening/ Child Patrol Service every night in all our Chalet Hotels, Xtra Chalets and larger chalets, and in all properties on our staff’s one night off per week
Lower Ground floor
Snow Club rooms
Entrance, reception area, lounge and residents' bar, dining room
Wide selection of rooms and suites available sleeping from 2 to 5 people, all with bath, WC and balcony.
- Room 301 (sleeps 4): Quad room with twin and bunk beds, bath, WC & balcony
- Suite 302 (sleeps 4): Two twin bedrooms, bath, WC & balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 304 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 305 (sleeps 4-5): Family room with double bed downstairs and three single bed on an enclosed mezzanine upstairs, shower, WC & balcony
- Room 306 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 307 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath & WC
- Room 308 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath & WC
- Room 309 (sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
Rooms 301, Suite 302 and rooms 303 & 305 are the renovated rooms.
Wide selection of rooms and suites sleeping from 2 to 6 people, all with bath, WC and balcony.
- Room 201 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 202 Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Suite 203 (Sleeps 5 6): Two triple bedrooms with bath, WC, balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 205 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 206 (Sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 207 (Sleeps 4): Quad with twin and bunk beds, bath, WC & balcony
- Room 208 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 209 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 210 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 211 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 212 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 214 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC & balcony
Wide range of rooms and suites available sleeping from 2 to 6 people, all with bath, WC and balcony
- Room 101 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 102 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Suite 103 Sleeps 5–6: Two triple bedrooms with bath, WC & balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 105 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 106 Sleeps 2: Twin with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 107 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 108 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 109 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 110 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 111 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 112 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC & balcony
- Room 114 Sleeps 2: Twin with bath, WC & balcony
Please note there is no Baby Listening / Child Patrol Service on this floor.
We set high standards for our cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
One of the joys of choosing to take a catered Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Our staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in our chalets and Chalet Hotels on our staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Our Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let us take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
In all our properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, it is served as a buffet in our Chalet Hotels.
Our Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from our staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all our Chalet Hotels, we also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel Meals
High Tea between 5pm and 6pm is served as a 2 course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10 year olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10 year olds are supervised by our childcare team.
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif with canapés, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
Children’s High Tea
High Tea provides children under 11 with a healthy menu, but tailored more towards children’s tastes than our main adult dinner, and puréed food is also always available for infants on request. Parents are asked to accompany their children under 36 months at High Tea please, whilst children from 3-10 years will be supervised by staff.
Vegetarian options are always available in our Chalet Hotels. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
All our Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course), unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.