Late family ski deals
True, everyone in the know says family ski holidays are best booked far in advance but sometimes there’s just not enough time and besides - nothing’s more refreshing than spontaneously swapping indoor iPad sessions for fresh air and exercise in the great alpine outdoors.
If your clan’s open to a variety of resorts and accommodation types, and everyone’s ski gear’s good to go, a last-minute family ski trip could be the best decision you make all year.
This page lists our family-friendly packages departing in the next week weeks. We have a huge range of family ski holidays, ranging from cheap self-catered apartment deals to cosy chalets and luxury family hotels – and a lot still have late availability. Book your accommodation in a package with flights and transfers or the Calais ferry and you won’t have to spend time planning your route to resort.
Last minute skiing is best for families who:
- Have skied before – so you don’t need beginner lessons and already have everyone’s ski clothes and accessories, as well as an idea of where the family can be flexible on different parts of the holiday
- Don’t need ski school or childcare - these are the hardest things to secure at the eleventh hour, particularly on peak weeks like February half term. All-inclusive packages that come with lessons and kids clubs are probably your best bet – and save a whole lot of planning and budgeting hassle by covering all the food and drink you’ll need for the week, and often lift passes too.
- Are open to skiing different resorts - It might not be where other school mums ski, but as long as there’s snow and quality family time on the cards you can still have a whale of a time. You can’t guarantee you’ll find the perfect late deal in a specific resort, but if you add other areas into the mix, you’ll have more travel and accommodation types to choose between. The small-name ski resorts tend to be quieter which is a bonus, and thousands of families end up returning to them year after year.
- Can consider a range of accommodation – it’s good to know what works for your brood, but if your family will only stay in a chalet that has to be near the nursery slope and must come with a hot tub as well as interconnecting rooms… You might find yourself short of last-minute options that tick every box. Prioritise the things you can’t do without and be open to compromising the small stuff and trying something new - suddenly you have a lot more to choose between.
- Will consider self-driving – when flights sell out on peak weeks, this can be a savvy way to get a good deal on accommodation in a top resort. You won’t have to worry about luggage weight restrictions like you would if flying – just chuck everything in the car and off you go. A stop off in Disneyland is viable too…
To see other options departing soon, view our last-minute chalets and luxury chalets, hotels and luxury hotels, all late deals on luxury or all last-minute ski holidays.