This superb hotel has everything a family could wish for on a Lapland break, and has proved over recent years to be the popular choice of most families travelling on my special breaks. The exciting indoor pool with its waves and chutes will keep the children amused for hours, and parents can watch from the comfort of the pool bar.
- Central village location
- Superb *swimming-pool with 2 Jacuzzis, water-slide, waves, water chutes, an upstream river, children’s pool and pool bar
- Spa centre for massages, health and beauty treatments (local charge)
- Sauna and steam-bath
- Lobby bar/lounge with two open fireplaces
- Small children’s play area
- Boutique offering souvenirs, beauty treatments & clothing
- Use of toboggans (local charge may apply)
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Half-board option includes excellent 3-course buffet-style evening meals, with choices, and my exclusive Gala (buffet) Dinner on your ‘Search for Santa Day’ at Hotel Tunturi (5 minutes’ walk)
- Family rooms, suites and apartments are available to suit all family sizes
The evening meal can be enjoyed from 5-8pm in the atmospheric dining-room and is generally buffet style, with flexible timings allowing you to choose whether to eat together as a family, or get tired children earlier to bed, before enjoying an adult only dinner later on. With a choice of family rooms, suites and apartments, and the superb pool area, the Holiday Club makes an excellent base for your Lapland break. All Apartments are a short walk (3-5 minutes) from the main building set within a wooded area. All Family rooms and suites are within the main building of the hotel.
- Half Board included in my Holiday Prices
- FREE use of swimming-pool complex*
- Use of toboggans
- *Pool opening times: 12 noon to 8:30pm daily
Type A Bedrooms, sleep 2-4 – twin beds and a double sofa-bed, shower, wc, satellite TV, hairdryer and bathrobes for adults. Please note that if there are only two people then a room with just the twin beds may be provided.
Single room supplement*: £55
Type B Family Suites, sleep 5-6 – as Type A but more spacious. The twin beds can be partitioned off from the lounge, where there is a double sofa-bed and two extra single sofa-beds. Each suite also has its own sauna.
6 Sharing £30, 5 Sharing £35
Family Apartments are also available as follows, located a short walk from the main hotel, with extra space for you to spread out. All meals are taken in the main hotel. They can be apartments within Holiday Houses or modern and high quality 'Villas Apartments' located just next to the main hotel in the Holiday Club Villas or Kelotahti buildings.
Type C Apartments, sleep 3-4 – one twin bedroom, lounge/kitchenette with double sofa-bed, shower, private sauna, wc, satellite TV and hairdryer.
4 Sharing £15 , 3 Sharing £20
Type D Apartments, sleep 4-6 - Lounge with pull-out sofa for 1 adult or 2 children, twin or bunk bed room and separate twin bedroom. They are located in the Kelotahti Villas buildings, just 4 minutes' walk from the Holiday Club. The apartments are spacious with contemporary designed interiors. Each has a private sauna, shower and wc, lounge with flat screen TV and CD player and a well-equipped kitchen including washing machine and dryer.
6 Sharing £35, 5 Sharing £42, 4 Sharing £50.
Type E Log Cabin Apartments, sleep 5-6 – in traditional Finnish style with one twin bedroom, dining area/kitchenette and shower/wc & sauna downstairs. Mezzanine loft area upstairs, with double sofa-bed, TV with DVD, and further twin room (under eaves).
6 Sharing £35, 5 Sharing £42
Type F Apartments, sleep 5-8 – Larger apartments with open plan lounge/kitchen area with double sofa bed, shower/wc & sauna and three twin bedrooms.
8 Sharing Deduct £10, 7 Sharing £ 0 (no supplement), 6 Sharing £10, 5 Sharing £20.
*Room supplements are per person per night. Double sofa-beds recommended for one adult or two children.