· under 10 minutes' walk to the ski lift · free shuttle bus to lifts · 15 minutes' walk to the town centre
The Lion is the perfect Bansko hotel if you want to be close to the best skiing, at a great price, without scrimping on facilities. There’s a pool, sauna, steam room and even massages available - which are well worth the extra after a day on the mountain.
The location is pretty good too - just 10 minutes' to the lifts, though the hotel runs a shuttle if you don't want to walk. Once your ski boots are off, it’s 10 minutes to the centre - although you don’t need to leave the hotel for great après, as there’s a great bar and lounge onsite.
The rooms are large and we’ve got twin rooms, family rooms and sole occupancy rooms available.
· free WiFi · free shuttle bus to ski lifts · lifts to all floors · 194 bedrooms · extra charge for safe in reception
Wine, dine and unwind
· lounge and bar with an open fireplace
Spa, wellness and pools
· indoor pool · sauna, steam room and fitness room · extra charge for massage
For the family
· extra charge for pool table
All rooms have a cable TV, hairdryer and minibar.
Small Eaves Twin Room - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Superior Twin/Double Room - sleeps 1-3: Twin or double bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Family Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Double bed and either two single sofa beds or one double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Please note: Eaves room has sloping ceilings
· welcome drink · continental buffet breakfast · buffet evening meals (extra charge for drinks including water) · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners are included · optional upgrade to full board with packed lunches (sandwich, piece of fruit, cake or chocolate bar and bottle of mineral water)
Please note: For Winter 18/19, the Hotel Lion will be offered on a light all-inclusive basis. This means that drinks (beer, wine, water and juice) will be included in evening meals.
•Ski World Cup slopes •Traditional architecture •Bulgarian ‘Mehanas’ cuisine
Experience the exhilarating skiing and vibrant après ski that is making Bansko one of the fastest up and coming ski resorts in Europe. Sample some of the best of Bulgarian food and soak up the traditional architecture, before making the most of the efficient ski system and admiring the breathtaking views.
Great for •Beginners •Night Skiing •Cheap ski holiday
Snow Report: Top 190cm, Bottom 80cm
Snow Forecast: 10cm expected this week
Snow History: March average depth 119cm
Approx. airport transfer times depend on conditions:
|Sofia||163km, 3 hours|
|Plovdiv||171km, 3 hours 15 mins|
|Region:||Bulgaria, Pirin Mountains.|
Bansko lift pass price last reported as £109 (adult 6 day). Ask for a quote when booking Hotel Lion.
Night skiing: Yes
Bansko has N facing slopes.
Usually open for skiing December – May.
|Top of slopes:||2600m|
|Bottom of piste:||936m|
|Total length of trails:||75km|
Add To wish list
Create New list
Don't need to save them?