packing for a family ski holiday
What you will need to pack for your family skiing trip
family ski trip checklist
Being prepared is a sure way of preventing unnecessary stress and discomfort for yourselves and children, and ultimately having a much more fun-filled family ski holiday. Knowing what to take is a major part of that preparation. This is by no means a complete list of what you need to hire or pack for a group ski trip, but a checklist of those things you will need specifically for a holiday skiing with children.
You won’t need very many outfits of ordinary clothes, as if your children are out all day in their thermals and ski outfits there will only be a few hours in the evenings when they will need other clothes if they take them off at all! Layering is the best way to beat the cold, a base layer, fleece and jacket, is a good example. You can always add another base layer if it is really chilly. Remember warm children are happy children, if they are cold they will not enjoy themselves and want to go home. For more Top Tips take a look at our Top Tips for enjoying your family skiing holiday.
- Thermals, there are some makes that are good enough to wear for a whole week without washing.
- Socks, long unribbed proper ski socks to be comfortable in ski boots (extras)
- Outer water/snow proof layer:
- For younger children a snow suit maybe best, but they do grow out of them quicker and it is harder to get out of for bathroom breaks
- A good jacket, which can double up as their winter coat
- Ski trousers
- Snow boots
- Waterproof gloves, with long cuffs to cover sleeves, or mittens. Extra pairs
- Indoor shoes/slippers
- Hats Extras
Ski Gear: BEST TO HIRE THIS STUFF
- Helmets, often you get these for free
- Ski and boots (and poles for over 6)
- Snowboards and boots
family ski trip top tips
- Attach the lift pass onto one pocket and leave it there for the whole holiday.
- put in spare socks, gloves and hat, in case they get wet or lost. They will be much happier warm.
- Make sure your contact details are being carried on their person somewhere, inside pocket of their jacket is a good place.
For on the slopes:
- Labelled bag for children going to Kindergarten
- Small rucksack/bum-bag for older children, they might not like carrying it, but it a way to ensure they have somewhere to store their own water, snacks and if they need to, keep their spare layers if it gets warm. Especially useful if they are off on their own or taking lessons.
- Pocket Money to allow them to buy themselves a hot chocolate if they are out on a lesson
- Snacks, to give them a boost when out on the slopes and keep them going till lunch and dinner.
- Sun cream
- Lip balm
- Sunglasses and or Goggles, goggles are better with helmets and are work for all conditions.
- Disposable hand and foot warmers, invaluable if children develop cold hands or feet, means you won’t have turn around and go home but can continue enjoying your skiing day.
Medical and safety
- Small first aid kit (thermometer, antiseptic cream/wipes, tweezers, plasters)
- Paracetamol and Ibuprofen
- Health record of your children if they are going to Kindergarten
- EU health cards if travelling in the EU
family chalet hotels
Chalet Hotel Dahu
Chalet Hotel Tarentaise
Chalet Hotel Aiguille Percee
All package ski holidays booked with Sno are fully ATOL and TTA protected.
Book with the confidence that your package holiday is always protected agains supplier failure.
Every Sno ski holiday packaged with flights is ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. All our suppliers
are ATOL bonded too, so your holiday money is safe. In addition to this, payments for your holiday are
held in trust, by NatWest bank and the Travel Trust, who insure every booking against supplier failure.
Visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for the latest official travel information and advice.
In addition to the comprehensive protection provided by SNO ltd, all of the ski holiday companies we work with are also protected by at least one of the following travel organisations:
© 2013 Sno limited • company number 5995288 • VAT number 946 9394 63 • sno is a registered trademark and may only be used with the express permission of Sno ltd
family ski search
|Adults||(age 12 and over)||
|Children||(ages 2 to 11)
|Infants||(aged under 2)