Location - where is Villa Diodoro
- 150 metres to the Villa Comunale Gardens
- 600 metres to Taormina bus terminal
- 650 metres to Theatro Antico di Taormina
- 700 metres to the centre of Taormina on the main street, Cosro Umberto
- 700 metres to Piazza IX Aprile
- 900 metres to the top of Taormina cable car that will take you down to the coast and Taormina Mare
- hotel description
- Villa Diodoro description
Villa Diodoro is built on the hillside surrounded by its own private gardens with views all the way from the Bay of Naxos to Mount Etna. The historic villa is named after the Greek historian and writer Diodoro Siculo, who lived in the city. It’s under ten-minutes’ stroll to the Corso Umberto, Taormina’s busy main street, yet inside the quiet sanctuary of the hotel you wouldn’t believe it.
Breakfast is served each morning in the Restaurant Bellavista. The dining room has Belle Époque décor and high ceilings. Ask to be seated beside the windows if you can, just to make the most of that incredible view. The rooms have a classic Italian feel, comfortably furnished with everything you’ll need to relax on your holiday. Grab a Deluxe Room for the best sea views.
You could spend all day just enjoying the views and lounging beside the large outdoor pool. Keep refreshed with drinks and snacks from the pool bar. If you’d like to make the most of Taormina’s beautiful coastline, the hotel runs a shuttle service (payable locally) that takes you to their sister hotel, Lido Caparena, where you can use the sunbeds and umbrellas free of charge on the lovely private beach.
Transfer time: approx. 1 hour by private car from Catania airport.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
- Baby sitting service (on request, payable locally)
Facilities - Villa Diodoro features
- Outdoor swimming pool with views of the sea and Mount Etna (usually open May - September)
- Terrace with sunbeds and parasols
- Free use of the private beach at Hotel Caparena with two sun beds and a parasol per room (from May - September)
- Shuttle service to Hotel Caparena (payable locally)
- Fitness room with Tecnogym equipment
- Wellness area for massages and treatments (payable locally)
- Mountain bike rental (payable locally)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking (payable locally)
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
- No. of buildings: 1
- No. of floors: 5
- No. of interconnecting rooms: 2
Local Fees and Taxes
A tourist tax of approx. €3.50 per person is payable locally.
Classic Rooms are about 22m² and are furnished in an elegant Italian style with views across the Mediterranean gardens. The rooms sleep up to three adults with a double or twin beds. Facilities include air conditioning, TV, minibar, safe, bath or shower and hairdryer.
Superior Rooms with Balcony are approximately 22m² and have either side sea views or garden views.
Superior Sea View Rooms all have balconies with sea views. These rooms are available on request, please call to book.
Deluxe Sea View Rooms are lovely and spacious with a bedroom and a seating area. A furnished balcony has incredible views along Taormina's coast and Mount Etna. These rooms are available on request, please call to book.
Classic Room for Single Use are available on request, please call to book.
The hotel has adapted rooms. These rooms are available on request, please call to book to ensure that these rooms meet your requirements.
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: Yes
Please note that the there are steps to the swimming pool.
Meals - food and drink in Villa Diodoro
Restaurant Bellavisita serves breakfast and dinner in a beautiful setting. Surrounded by large windows, the dining room has amazing views of the Bay of Naxos and Mount Etna in the distance. They specialise in Sicilian cuisine. Breakfast is buffet style and is open from 7am to 10am. Dinner is between 7.30pm and 9.30pm.
Bar il Vecchio Carrubo is just beside the restaurant and is the best place for aperitivo. Relax on the terrace in one of the comfy armchairs with your favourite cocktail. During the summer there's often a musical backdrop too.
The Pool Bar is the perfect spot for a cool drink as you lounge on the sun terrace. You can also enjoy a light lunch here. They do lovely salads with juicy sun ripened tomatoes, fresh cheese and basil. The bar is open from May to September from lunchtime to sunset.
Board basis options available
- Bed & Breakfast
- Half Board