Location - where is Hotel Terra Nova, Plagne Centre
· ski to and from door · close to the bars and shops of Plagne Centre · short chairlift ride to ski school meeting point
- hotel description
- Hotel Terra Nova, Plagne Centre description
The Terra Nova has a superb location in Plagne Centre - right at the foot of the 225km of pistes so you can jump straight on the chairlift in the morning and ski back to the door at the end of the day. Rest assured, you can expect a friendly, high quality service from the hotel staff. The Terra Nova offers an excellent range of rustic, comfortable rooms making it a good family option, with both quad and interconnecting rooms available. And all face either the slope or the valley, so it doesn’t matter where you are in the hotel, you’ll wake up every day to marvellous views.
The fabulous location also means you’re only a stone’s throw away from all the shops, restaurants and bars of the resort, so it’s ideal for families who don’t want to trek too far for some of the friendly amenities. When you’re not out exploring, you could spend an hour or so in the spa getting a treatment or simply relaxing in the sauna – the choice is yours.
All your meals are served in the hotel's panoramic restaurant, which has fantastic views of the slopes. You’ll get to pick from a plethora of international cuisines as well as more local dishes. And what's more, to go with your delicious dinners, you'll get unlimited free wine for the duration of your meal - what more could you want?
You’ll also have complimentary access to the excellent hotel-run kids’ club. It runs for six days and one evening per week, all season for kids aged 3-5 years, and during French school holidays for kids aged 6-17 years. They can enjoy a range of activities under the supervision of qualified, English-speaking professionals. Each week has a different theme, so your kids could be rehearsing for a sci-fi fantasy show or painting pictures of pretty plants. For the older ones, there are sports tournaments, creative workshops and even discos. Remember to book in advance though, as spaces get snapped up pretty quickly.
No admittance to the sauna and fitness room for children under 15 years.
The dress code for evening meals is smart/casual.
Check-in for this hotel is at 5pm on the day of arrival - provisions will be made for guests' luggage before this time. A deposit payable by card needs to be provided at check-in.
Please bring a padlock for your ski locker.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Crystal Childcare is not available from this accommodation.
Renardeaux and Pirates Clubs
Recommended by Crystal, the two clubs in the Terra Nova suit young children not yet on the snow. Club Renardeaux is for little ones from 3-5 years, while Les Pirates is for 6-10 years. Both clubs have English-speaking staff and guarantee a lot of happy memories.
- Themed activities each week
- Arts and crafts
- Creative workshops
- 'Leo get-togethers' every afternoon including puppet shows, film showings, parties and shows performed by the children
- Afternoon snacks are included
- Extra charge for ski school drop-off and pick-up for children attending Prosneige ski lessons during French school holidays
The Renardeaux club is open all season, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am to 5.30pm. Lunch is not included, and will be payable locally.
Les Pirates Club is only open during French school holidays, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am-5.30pm.
One Leo evening once a week from 7-10.30pm.Please note:
Parents are asked to provide an up-to-date medical certificate/health book to ensure children are up to date with vaccinations. This applies to all children under the age of 6.
Facilities - Hotel Terra Nova, Plagne Centre features
· panoramic restaurant with views of the piste · cosy bar and lounge · fitness room, sauna and hammam · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · terrace· WiFi in public areas (additional cost) · ski room with lockers · games room · hotel-run kids' club · lift · 119 bedrooms
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have a telephone, hairdryer and satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels).
Twin Room- sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Double Room - sleeps 1-2: Double bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Triple room - sleeps 1-3: Three single beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Quad room - sleeps 1-4: Double bed, two single folding beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Double Adaptive Room - sleeps 1-2: Double bed, adaptive private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Twin Adaptive Room - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, adaptive private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Crystal Adaptive: Wheelchair accessible twin and double rooms are available on request.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Terra Nova, Plagne Centre
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 3-5-course evening buffet meals with a choice of 3 main courses (including vegetarian option) and soup, salad, cheese and dessert buffets · unlimited free red or rosé wine included with evening meals · one Savoyard evening a week · extra charge for packed lunch buffet of fruit, chocolate, crisps and drinks (available at breakfast)
Travelife Gold Award
The Travelife Gold Award formally recognises hotels that achieve excellence in environmental, social and economic sustainability.