Location - where is Hotel Alpina - Sonnberg Annexe
· ski-in, ski-out · quiet location on a hill · 5 minutes' walk down to the main street · ski to the ski school meeting point · free shuttle bus to ski school for children and beginners
- hotel description
- Hotel Alpina - Sonnberg Annexe description
The Sonnberg annexe is the original wing of the Hotel Alpina and is connected to the main hotel by an underground passageway, so even if you're staying in the annexe, you can take advantage of all the facilities in the main area of Hotel Alpina. With skiing to and from the door, as well as superb facilities, cuisine and service, the Sonnberg is an enviable choice.
Smart/casual dress is required in the dining room. Men must wear a jacket and tie for Christmas and New Year's gala dinners.
Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult when using the spa facilities.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Alpina Sonnberg Annexe.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Alpina's Children's Program
The Hotel Alpina is host to a Recommended by Crystal children's club, which offers guests the use of of all-season playrooms with supervision for those aged betweeen 3-12 years.
- Toys and entertainment
- Games and prizes
- Snow play
- Arts and crafts
Free supervision in one of the playrooms from Sunday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm. Lunch is included.Family facilities
As well as the kids' club, the Alpina provides a whole range of facilities and amenities for guests in both the main hotel and the Sonnberg Annexe. These include:
- Extra play room (without supervision)
- Snooker room with table tennis and other games
- Free shuttle bus to and from the ski school
- Kids' New Years Ever and Christmas events
- Magic show once a week
Facilities - Hotel Alpina - Sonnberg Annexe features
· free WiFi · bar and lounge · daily après ski (3pm-4.30pm) · live music every Monday · indoor pool · 'Alpina Mar' spa with saunas, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpools, fitness room, relaxation room with panoramic views and winter garden · extra charge for massage and solarium · games room with pool table and table tennis · 2 children's playroom with toys · Recommended by Crystal - Hotel-run kids' club - free children's supervision from 3 years (Sun-Fri, 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm) · lift to 2nd floor (out of 3 floors) · heated boot room · ski storage room
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
All rooms have bathrobes, hairdryer, minibar, internet link, safe, satellite TV, baby monitoring service, and are non-smoking.
Annex Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate living room area with double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Meals - food and drink in Hotel Alpina - Sonnberg Annexe
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · sparkling wine breakfast on Sunday · daily afternoon cake buffet · 6-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad and cheese buffets · weekly gala dinner · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included - formal dress code
Free tap water with meals.