- hotel description
- Alexandra Hotel description
Built in 1884 the Alexandra is an intimate and truly special fifth generation family-run hotel steeped in tradition and set in the heart of this breathtakingly beautiful region. As one of Norway’s very best hotels it combines genuine hospitality, exceptional cuisine and extensive new spa facilities.
Families - any extra notes for parents with children
Family friendly facilities:: • Baby listening service • Baby sitting - day • Baby sitting - evening • Highchairs in the restaurant • Hotel Family friendly • Cots and linen
Family friendly facilities - additional info: Baby listening service = Using telephone system Baby sitting = Upon request, 60 NOK per hour
Facilities - Alexandra Hotel features
- Lovely garden and sun-terrace
- Child play room
- Comfortable lounges
- Wine cellar
- Superb à la carte restaurant
- Regular live music and folklore evenings.
- Large indoor/outdoor pool, jacuzzi and fitness area (included).
- New Spa with jacuzzi, sauna, steam rooms, therapy pool (170 NOK Mon-Thu / 250 NOK Fri-Sun). Free entrance
- when booking a spa treatment.
- Free Wi-fi accessin rooms and Free use of guest computer in reception.
Facilities: • Bar • Bar - Non-smoking • Bike hire • Bike hire - Summer only • Breakfast restaurant • Credit cards accepted • Car parking - indoor • Car parking - outdoor • Cash dispenser • Disco or nightclub • Dogs accepted • Dinner restaurant • Entertainment • Games room • Internet access • Jacuzzi - indoor • Jacuzzi - outdoor • Laundry service • Lounge area • Public rooms • Public rooms - Non-smoking • Room service • Shops • Swimming pool - outdoor heated • Swimming pool - indoor heated • Solarium • Sterling currency exchange • Sauna • Safe deposit boxes
Swimming pool - outdoor: • No. of outdoor pools:1 • Length:30m • Opening hours:08.00 - 20.00 • Supervised Times:All times • Swimming caps needed:no
Swimming pool - indoor: • No of indoor pools:1 • Length:17m • Opening hours:08.00 - 20.00 • Supervised Times:All times • Swimming caps needed:no
General public facilities - comments:Entertainment = 6 nights per week TV = TV in every room Internet terminal = In reception - 20NOK for 20 mins Shops = Gift shop in reception - opening hours vary. Sauna = Fee 135 NOK for Sauna Mon-Thu, Fri-Sun 225 NOK Solarium = Pool complex open 08.00 - 20.00 Jacuzzi = Pool complex open 08.00 - 20.00 Swimming pool = Pool complex open 08.00 - 20.00 Fitness room = Pool complex open 08.00 - 20.00 Laundry service = Upon request but very expensive Creditcards accepted = All major Saftey deposit boxes = Ask reception Nightclub = Alex Dancing located on the ground floor & Salong Ida on first floor - cannot be heard in rooms. No children in Alex Dancing after 23.00 Tennis = Free for all our guests Bike hire = Ask at Hotel Loenfjord reception - free for all our guests in Loen Dogs = 100 NOK per night Room service = Until 21.00
Room Types - bathrooms beds & sleeping
191. All tastefully decorated "medium" rooms have bath or shower, balcony, sat.TV, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, telephone and minibar. Most have fjord view (guarantee 23 May-9 June & 19 Aug-15 Sep). Spacious deluxe rooms and Junior Suites all have large balconies with fjord view.
- No of rooms: 189
- How many interconnecting rooms are there: 5
- Type of interconnecting rooms: 3 of the 5 sets consist of double + single, and the other 2 are double + double
- Maximum occupancy: Stay-put single centre
Meals - food and drink in Alexandra Hotel
- Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast.
- Exceptionally good 4 course buffet dinner.
No of restaurants: 2
Breakfast: • Additional info on breakfast: Buffet 07.00 - 10.00 • Breakfast service: Buffet
Lunch: • Lunch service: Buffet • Lunch further info: 170NOK 13.00 - 14.30
Dinner: • Dinner service: Buffet • Dress Code: Informal/Formal No Shorts or beach wear • A la carte meal cost: Approx 300-400NOK for main course • Dinner - no of courses: 4
Special dietary requirements catered for: • Vegetarian